When should I book my special occasion cake?
To avoid disappointment, we suggest providing 6-12 weeks’ notice for Wedding and Engagement cakes and 3-6 weeks for Birthday, and other Occasion Cakes.
How do I order a special occasion cake?
- To start the order process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing all the following information:
- The date of your event
- The nature of your event (Wedding, Birthday, Christening, etc.)
- The event location, delivery address, and delivery time
- How many people you will need to serve
- Your daytime phone number
- Your email address
- An idea of the cake design you are looking for and an indication of your budget for the cake
- We will contact you to discuss your order and/or schedule an appointment.
How do we design a birthday cake?
Important things to consider when designing a birthday cake include the individual, their personality traits and hobbies, occasion theme, venue and time of year.
How do we design a wedding cake?
- Because our wedding cakes are designed specifically for you, to reflect the style and theme of your wedding, it is important to have decided on the theme/ambience and location of your wedding before arranging a consultation
- Sometimes your choice of cake can be completely unsuited to the style, size, or lighting of your particular venue. Style elements to consider before your appointment include cake shape (round, square, heart, oval), number of tiers, colour, pattern, and/or flowers. If taking design inspiration from your dress, invitation, flower, fabric etc., remember to provide a reference at the time of your consultation.
How much will I pay for a cake?
Because our cakes are completely custom made and priced individually by the complexity of their design, prices may vary. You can get an idea of our pricing by looking through our style and price guide. However, if you have a budget we will always try to make suggestions that will fit within your budget.
What is your payment policy?
- A 50% deposit is required to reserve your order; the balance is due two weeks prior to your event. Your order will be confirmed when we receive your deposit and final sales order. Payment options are by cash, EFTPOS or EFT. Subject to booking availability, cake orders placed with less than two weeks’ notice require payment in full at the time of ordering.
- Event dates are secured for you through the date of your appointment or quote, and five (5) business days afterwards. If we do not receive a final sales order along with a 50% deposit within five (5) business days of your appointment or quote your date may become unavailable.
- There is a non-refundable deposit for cake orders cancelled less than 10 days before the event date as work would have commenced on the cake.
Which factors will influence the cost of the cake?
Cake costings indicate the amount of time that it will take to make your cake, the design, number of serves required (size), and degree of difficulty.
What about delivery?
Cake prices do not include delivery. Some delivery charges may apply.
What is the difference between a coffee and a dessert portion?
- A coffee portion is usually – 1” wide x 1” deep x 4” high.
- A dessert portion is usually 1” wide x 2” deep x 4” high, double the size of a coffee portion.
If your wedding includes a three-course meal, coffee portions are usually ample. If serving the cake as a course on its own, dessert portions would be preferred.
I have dietary restrictions. Can you help?
Unfortunately, My Red Cupcake cannot promise a nut-free environment. Although, upon request, gluten-free and egg-free options are available.
What cake flavours are available?
We have a range of flavours. All cakes are available with chocolate ganache fillings or for a lighter option and popular with children, buttercream fillings. Fondant cakes are coated in buttercream although ganache coating is another option. Buttercream cakes are only available in the cooler months as the heat does not agree well with buttercream-covered cakes.
What about delivery?
All cake orders are for Melbourne Metropolitan areas only and we do offer delivery of our cakes to the location. Some delivery and set up fees may apply.